The Festival will make up the official selection from the submitted short films based in their scripts. You may submit your short film up to April 30. Submissions may only be done via the on-line form. Just fill the form, include the URL to your short film, and attach the short’s script.
Every film in the official selection will be eligible to win the award for the following categories: Best Script, Best Character, Best Dialogue, Best Scene, Best Ending, Best Title and Best Script – People’s Choice.
The winner of the Best Script category will win one US$ 250.00 Final Draft 10 license + One Year ISA CONNECT membershipRULES AND REGULATIONS
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE SHORT FILM COMPETITION
1) The fourth edition of FRAPA – The Porto Alegre Screenwriting Festival will be held in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul from 5-8 July 2016.
2) Films submitted to the Short Film Competition must obey the following criteria:
I) Be 30 minutes in maximum running time, including credits.
II) Be availbale in Full HD digital support exhibition format.
III) Must not have been screened publicly before January 1st 2016.
IV) Must not have been submitted to a previous edition of FRAPA.
3) The submission will be complete after the completed form is sent, together with the screenplay and link for online viewing (Vimeo, Youtube). If the link has a password, it should be provided in the submission.
I) Fiction, documentary and animation films, from any country or territory can be submitted.
II) Films spoken in a language other than Portuguese must be subtitled either in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
III) Only screenplays written in Portuguese, English or Spanish will be accepted.
IV) The screenplay must be submitted in PDF format.
4) The deadline for submissions is April 30, 2017, at 23h59 BRT.
5) The submission of each short film to the FRAPA Short Film Competition will be confirmed after the payment of the R$ 20 (twenty BRL) fee.
6) The final selection will be made by a selection commitee formed by professional filmmakers, invited by the festival. This commitee has autonomy to decide its evaluation and selection criteria, focusing on the screenplay of the films. The decisions of the committee are final.
7) The production of FRAPA can extend or not the deadline according to the schedule of the event and the timetable of the selection process.
8) The selected short films must be made available to the production in the form of a downloadable link until June 20, 2016, and there shall be no extension of deadline. For the screening copy, FRAPA accepts digital – Full HD (MOV-H264) format, sound dolby 5.1 or 2.0 (stereo). The screening copies must the subtitled in Portuguese with the text embedded into the image, no separate files allowed (such as .ssa or .srt).
9) Upon submitting your film, you authorize FRAPA to advertise the screening of your film through the use of still photos, frames or excerpts, as well as the names of the full cast and crew.
10) The films selected for the Short Film Competition will be nominated for the following awards:
I) Best Screenplay
II) Best Character
III) Best Dialogue
IV) Best Scene
V) Best Ending
VI) Best Title
VII) Best Screenplay – Audience Award.
11) The selection of works to be awarded in all categories aforementioned shall be made by a group of jurors to be made public in the award giving ceremony.
12) The winners will be announced during the closing ceremony. The decisions of the Selection Committee and the Award Jury are final and irrevocable.
13) The filmmakers responsible for the submission of short films must own proof of ownership of the rights of image and sound of the work, as well as full responsibility for the clearing and release of music rights included in the work.
14) The submitter, that is, the person or company responsible for the submission of the short film and short film screenplay authorizes FRAPA to publish the screenplays on FRAPA’s website, should their work be selected for the Short Film Competition.
15) Any situation not covered by these rules and regulations will be assessed by FRAPA’s organizing committee.